Saturday, September 22, 2007

Reason for this blog

I have been a mom for over 17 yrs. Through it all there have been many ups and downs, but I have to say that so far this appears to be my hardest year ever! Why? Because my baby girls will graduate in just a few short months. In less than a year, my job will be downsized as they go off to college. It makes me so sad to think of them not living here any more. They are already showing signs of being ready to be on their own, and I guess that means I should be proud of Jay and I because that shows we have done our job. They are great girls, and they both have a good head on their shoulders. I know they will do fine, but I will miss them terribly. I know that time makes things get busier and busier, and it will never be the same.



Soooo, in an attempt to hang to this last year forever, I am going to keep track of all the craziness and daily goings on that our family goes through. There will be more good times and bad times ahead, but they are memories I'll treasure forever.

Plus, on top of all that I am being forced to admit that I am actually getting older. I was shocked to learn that. Really, I was! I had been living with the belief that even though my children were getting older, I was not. So, while dealing with "losing" my girls, I am also dealing with "losing" my youth. I try to keep a sense of humor about both. We'll see how that works. LOL

No comments: