Friday, April 25, 2008

Busy, busy, busy

It's going to be one of those weekends, so honestly, I'm not sure I'll get on here every day or if it'll be more likely to be Monday before I'm on again. Here's a quick list of what's going on here:

Today:
*Kennel dogs arriving until 11am, then let all kennel dogs out (we have 14 this weekend)
*Run to Subway and order the sandwich platters and cookie platters for Austin Confirmation.
*Run to the grocery store to order cake for Confirmation.
*Run to Lowes to get paint for new room and also paint for shutters (2 have faded badly)
*Back home, let kennel dogs out again
*Go to Austins track meet.
*Home from meet, finishing picking up house for people to come over in the morning.

Saturday:
*Let kennel dogs out and help clients until high school worker arrives at 8am
*Take Ashley & Chelsea to get their prom hairdos done at 9am
*Back home and quickly help them to get changed
*Dates and parents arrive at our home at 11:15ish am for pictures.
*Attend Prom Walk at the school at 1:00pm.
*Help kids get on the bus to take them to the Prom destination (no it's not at our school...they eat on a river boat in Dubuque, then back to Tripoli for the dance and after prom, then back to o our school for breakfast. Do not even get me started on how I feel about it...sigh).
*Take Austin shopping for new dress shirt, tie and shoes for Confirmation (the squirt won't quit growing!)
*Back home to let kennel dogs out again.
*Help paint new room.
*Tentatively planning to steal Jay away from the guys to help me with things inside the house that I've been wanting his help with for more than a week now.

Sunday:
*Get Jay, Chelsea, Clint & Austin off to church (prom kids wear their gowns and tuxes to church...it's so cool to see)
*Take Ashley to Des Moines for her college drill team try-outs (she's mad we won't let her go alone, but we're not risking her driving by herself after she's been up all night).
*Back home when that's done (not sure how long it'll take), let kennel dogs out again
*Get everything ready for the upcoming 4-H meeting.
*Go to 4-H meeting
*Let kennel dogs out
*collapse into bed and give thanks to God that we have survived yet another crazy weekend.

So, if things go quicker and easier than planned, I'll pop in. If not, I'll see ya on Monday!

1 comment:

The Naths said...

Ok, after reading that, I need a nap. I can't wait to see the prom pics!!......Also, after reading your previous blog (yes, I'm catching up today..) I will have to go get some chocolate before that nap! I am soooo bad about chocolate. I keep just enough in the house, that I can have some when I'm in that "Give me chocolate or die" mode, but JUST enough, or I won't be able to control the temptation to eat too much of it! =)