Friday, September 26, 2008

Voting

I got an application for an absentee ballot for Ashley so that she can still vote in the election while she was away at school, but she was not nearly as excited as I expected her to be when I called her saying I was going to mail it to her.

"But Mom...... I was really looking forward going to vote in person. I want to seeing how cool it looked to go inside that little booth and pull the little curtain around me".

I said "You do realize the importance and significance of what you are to be doing in there, right?"

She replied with "Oh yea mom, don't worry, I understand my obligation and all that, and I take that seriously, but come on, you gotta admit, that little curtain is soooooooo adorable!"

Hard to argue with that logic.

2 comments:

The Naths said...

LOL! I have always voted absentee for one reason or another....like last time, I was having a scheduled c-section with Jakob on election day.....I am so not cool because I have never been able to pull the adorable curtain around me. I had no idea I was truly missing out!

DEb said...

Gotta agree....that's a big reason why I GO vote... teehee...