Monday, November 24, 2008

Not Funny

I try hard to read the bible every day. No, I don't always succeed, but I do try. Last week I read something that honestly, struck me as funny, especially as I related it to myself and my family.

It is from Proverbs, chapter 31 and it refers to being a good wife, and with each are my thoughts.
Verse 1: ...She is worth far more than rubies (you're right...I am worth more. So honey, how about some diamonds for Christmas?)

Verse 13: She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands (Wool is too itchy in my book to be wearing, and I had to look up what flax even was. But, looking for bargains does take eager hands).

Verse 15: She gets up while it's still dark and prepares food for her family (*snicker* yea right)

Verse 27: She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness (Wait? No eating bread? No idleness? Well, there goes 20 hours of my day)

Verse 28: Her children arise and call her blessed (not on a school day)


The one I laughed at the hardest is verse 15. I laughed because I knew it would be a cold day you-know-where before I'd be up before the sun cooking and organizing my day. Heck, it'll be a cold day before I ever get organized!

Here's where God's sense of humor comes into play. You know how he KNOWS everything, even before it's revealed to us? I believe he likes to play around a little too. Have some fun and a few laughs. And I know this because, it was last Friday when I read those verses....including the funny and laughable verse 15.

And now, here it is Monday morning. It's 4:30am. I am up because Austin has to leave for basketball practice in one hour. And...I am also baking muffins.

She is up while it's still dark preparing food for her family.

SO NOT FUNNY!

Oh, and when I woke Austin up a few minutes ago. He did call me a name, but it wasn't "blessed". I believe it was something about being an "evil mom".

No comments: