Thursday, November 20, 2008

Shop Till You Drop

I love shopping. I really, really do. It's relaxing and even when I'm on a mission to find something particular, it's like a treasure hunt and I find it exhilirating.


Yes, I know...I need to get out more.


Day before yesterday I was on a quest to find what I would consider the "perfect" pillow. What I want is the equivilant of a soft fluffy cloud to rest my head on, but I don't want that cloud to ever lose any of it's fluffiness. And finding a pillow like that is no easy task. Trust me, I have tried.

So yesterday I headed into the big city and went to the west end (my favorite place to go shopping). I went to the mall and a couple of other shops, but hadn't really found what I was looking for. So I headed west, up the street a little further.


And I was so happy, because I saw it...

I mean seriously, how can you see that store and NOT be giddy with excitement knowing all the possibilities that exist in there? Especially when you walk in those doors and you see this:



Oh my heart races faster and my smile gets wider. I am the true meaning of "happy camper". I can literally spend hours in that store. I love looking at all the new cooking gadgets and gizmos, and the personal care doo-dads, and the bathroom whatchamacallits. It's like Toys R Us for women....or for men who are not my husband. I can make out my entire birthday and Christmas wish list by just writing down "Bed, Bath & Beyond".


Last year Ashley got this striped bed cover and shams at BB&B. How cute is that?


I also found my favorite veggie, egg, cheese, fruit, & nut chopper there, and the cute little tiny whisk that is perfect for whipping up an egg white (how did I ever live before finding that?). Without that store, our kitchen would be without a clock. How sad, am I right?


While there I did buy two pillows. I was only going to get one, but a sales lady assured me that the other pillow I was about to put back would "change my life" in regards to the quality of sleep I would get. She seemed almost a little too zealous, and frankly that kind of creeped me out, but because I'm a sucker for a good deal, I bought both pillows. The jury is still out on whether it will be a life changing experience for me or not. I'm just hoping I never look out my bedroom window and find her staring in watching to see if I'm sleeping or not.


It was a great afternoon of shopping. The only thing that could have made it better was if there were one of these next door:


Oh wait....there was! It was even attached! I didn't even have to change my parking spot. Talk about bonus excitement!

So not only did I get new pillows (and a new wire head massager thing - because my other one broke), but I got Tucker a Christmas collar so he can look as cute & festive as the others will.

Ok, off to write BB&B on a piece of paper and hang it on the fridge for Jay to "find" for when he goes to do his Christmas shopping on Christmas Eve with most of the other procrastinating husbands.

1 comment:

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

"with most of the other procrastinating husbands"...like mine! lol!

I had to grin at your excitement for BB&B. I don't "go to town" often enough for a place like that to be old hat either. Toys R Us for women...priceless!

Cute post...hope you sleep like a baby tonight!