Thursday, February 26, 2009

This Is Not A Drill!

Update: Thanks to Becky the emergency is over. We now return you to your regularly scheduled blog reading.
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+
We interrupt your daily life with this emergency broadcast....

This is a real emergency people....this is not a drill! I repeat:

THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

Please remain calm and do not panic. I'm panicking enough for all of us!

What's the big emergency? My computer screen has gone all wonky on me (and yes, that is a technical term)!

You know how your computer screen has a toolbar across the bottom that has your start button on it? It also shows the time on the right side as well as showing what windows you have open. Know what I'm talking about? Focus! Put down your diet coke or coffee! Are you with me???

Here is what my screen looks like:


See my toolbar? Its on the right side...not across the bottom like it's supposed to be!

ACK!

I've had a migraine since yesterday and at one point I sat down to play a couple hands of Spider Solitaire to try to get my mind off how badly I wanted my head to just explode and get it overwith. While playing, the screen sort of "jumped" and bada-bing....my toolbar went to the right side of my screen. At the time, my head hurt so bad I just plain didn't care. But now, while my head is still pounding, it's frustrating me that I can't figure it out.

I have tried E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G to get it back to the bottom, but nothing has worked. I can make the toolbar wider or skinnier is all. I cannot make it shorter or taller, and it won't move from the side.

Anyone have any suggestions?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, that happened to me, too, but for the life of me, I cannot remember how I fixed it! lol I think I called Dell?????? Hope you get it fixed soon -- I know how irritating that can be!

Love ya, Debi

Becky said...

Glitches are so frustrating! All I can think of is to try the options in the right click or turn the puter off so the defaults might reset.

I'll poke around with mine and see if I can find anything else.

Dena said...

Becky, the email you sent worked. You are now my new bestest friend!! mmmuuuaaahh!! :)