Saturday, August 08, 2009

I'm Probably Going To Get In Trouble For this....

DART: Atheist group's ads will go back on buses


Go ahead and read the above linked article, I'll wait (my nails need filed and this will give me time to do it).




Welcome back. Ok, let me start by saying that in all honestly, I'm not a political person. I tend to fall into the category where I believe that all politicians will lie at some point if it will benefit them. Therefore I do my best to stay out of political discussions.

However this is one discussion that caught my eye, and I just felt compelled to say something. Can someone please explain to me how this issue regarding signs on the buses is even allowed to be an issue. I know the atheist group is claiming free speech, but, let me see if I have this correct:

None of the atheists privately own any of the buses. These are all CITY buses.

Tax payer money pays for the buses. ALL taxpayers. Not just the atheist group.

Everytime I turn around there is some minority group (eg: atheists) shouting "FOUL" or "Not Fair" or "Separation of Church & State" if there is even so much as a cross shaped cloud that happens to be floating above a courthouse.

And yet.....

When they are wanting to broadcast their propaganda it's ok because it's freedom of speech?

Un-stinkin-believeable.

Hhhmmm...I wonder what dear Governor Culver would do if I made up a sign of my own that said "DO believe in God? You're not alone" and I said I want it on 50% of the buses, so we have equal free speech. Yea, I'm betting that won't have the same inviting welcome.

All I can say is "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do."


4 comments:

Joyce said...

good post....100% agree with you!!!!

Debbie said...

Aman, Sister! I wonder if anyone remembers our country when 95% of our citizens loved and respected the Lord (in whatever way their faith led them)? It seems to me, people treated each other with more respect. And we were by far, the one country so shielded from outside enemy attack. Look at us now! We allow our citizens to shake their fists at God and mock Him. There are some fighting to make this country resemble the modern-day Sodom & Gommorah. Well, the towers fell and we are more accessible to the countries that hate us....I'm just sayin'!

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

WOO HOO! You nailed it, my friend. Right on the money. The double standard blows my mind these days...in the name of "tolerance".

What they mean is, "tolerate everything...except those stupid Christians." Sounds like equal rights to me.

I think you should write a letter to the editor of your newspaper.

Dena said...

The paper this was printed in is known for being one of the most liberal newspapers around. It wouldn't be worth wasting my time trying to write something to them.