1. What is something that you have changed your mind about either recently or over a number of years? Doctors. I used to believe they ALL had my best interest at heart, now I know it's all about the numbers (patients and cash). I had a doctor just yesterday that we know outside of the office who told me that unfortunately today with most doctors the motto is "Treat 'em and street 'em" which means get them through as fast as you can to keep your numbers up.
2. Choose either subject, but does your a) church b) job feel more like a dental chair experience or an easy chair (recliner) experience? Since I currently don't have a job, I'll choose our church. Honestly, sometimes it can be both. When there is tension in the church, it's very uncomfortable for me...just like the dental chair.
3. Kisses or hugs? I actually typed "huts," which might have been a more interesting question. "Huts" cracked me up! Hugs, unless it's immediate family. And even then, I'm not a touchy-feely kind of person, so I do hugs usually only when coming or going...except for Jay and the kids.
4. What do you think is the biggest threat to families today? The government. Seriously. I believe they are getting involved in WAY too much and in a lot of ways are trying to take over everything, including things they have no business in, including family issues...and too many people are ok with that because then they don't have to deal with whatever the issue is.
5. A day after you grocery shop, you open a perishable item that is horribly spoiled. Do you take your receipt back to the store to be reimbursed or just throw it away and forget about it? I just throw it away. We drive 30 min (one-way) to the grocery store. It wouldn't be worth it to drive that far for just one $2.00 item.
6. What personality trait (feel free to address good or bad or both) do you notice yourself adopting from your parents? Comments, or quotes. There are times I catch myself saying something and I'll laugh and say "Oh wow...I remember back when I was young hearing that and saying I will NEVER say that when I get older".
7. How many slices of bread do you leave in the bottom of the bag when you throw it away? Two? Three? Just the heel? None? (I really want to know if you eat the heel.) I toss the heels. I have tried over the years to eat them, and have even tried to turn them "inside out" and make a sandwich, but they just aren't right. The exception to that rule is homemade banana bread. That outer "crispiness" when right out of the oven is my favorite.
8. What mispronunciation or usage error really irritates you? None. I'm the one who irritates people because I say things "wrong". For example, I say ambliance (ambulance), and cimmanon (cinnamon). There are others, but those are two main ones and it makes Jay crazy. I don't mean to say them differently, that's just how they come out.
9. In honor of the uniqueness of today's date, what does the numeral 9 mean to you? (Any special life moments attached to the 9th? Are you the 9th kid in your family? Can you count by 9s really fast? etc.) There is nothing attached to 9 that I can think of. No birthdays, anniversaries, nothing. We're pretty much a double digit family...ha.
10. Does the general color palette in your closet match the colors you chose to decorate your home with? No. The house is a lot of neutrals with bright or dark accents. I don't wear any neutrals. I'm too fair skinned and it really washes me out. We also have a lot of wood throughout the house, and wood's not too comfortable to wear. :-P
11. When you're hanging out with friends in the kitchen, do you automatically ask to help, or do you sit there and chat until the host asks if you'd like to help? I'm not implying that the 2nd choice stems from rudeness or laziness, just not a first-response like it is for some people. I try to ask what I can do to help, but sometimes I think I get to visiting and maybe don't ask as soon as I should.
12. Let's end on a pleasant note: What do you enjoy about September the most? Honestly...nothing LOL, other than one of my Sisters has her birthday in September. Summer is over, and a long cold several months are ahead. Yucky! Ok, let's see...there HAS to be something else I like about it. hhhmmm..the beautiful colors! I do love those.
Thanks Linda for doing this meme, although having to think so hard this early had steam coming out of my ears. :)