1. Which is worse: a long, boring meeting or standing in a return/exchange line after Christmas?
Definitely a long boring meeting. I always, and I do mean ALWAYS find myself nodding off, which is so embarrassing, because when I open my eyes, the speaker is always, and I do mean ALWAYS looking directly at me.
2. Except for maybe Rosie O'Donnell or Ann Coulter, nobody likes confrontation, yet we all have to deal with it. When you feel cornered and defensive, do you "bite back" or become passive aggressive? Depends on the situation and who it involves. If it involves my kids or my husband, the gloves are off immediately, no questions asked.
3. Do you know anything about your genealogical background? (What country, culture, ties to prominent historical figures, or other stuff.) I know very little about my side. I know I am of German heritage, with my left foots amount of Norwegian in me (as my Grandmother told me....which left me staring at my feet when I was younger trying to see the difference between a German foot and a Norwegian foot). I don't know cities, figures, etc...and kind of wish I did.
4. What is the quickest way a person can endear him/herself to you? Never lie to me or intentionally hurt someone I care about.
5. Cake, pie, cookies, or ice cream? (Note there is no "all of the above" option. You must choose one. Feel free to elaborate on flavor or memories tied to this dessert.) If you'd like, you can share a recipe, but you certainly don't have to. Ok this is going to sound funny, but I remember back in high school someone made a cake called "Better than sex" cake. I tried it and remember thinking "it's ok, but if it's better than sex, I'm ok with waiting". LOL So, for that reason, I'd omit cake. I'm not a big fan of pie or ice cream, so I'll go with nice, ooey-gooey, still warm from the oven, chocolate chip cookies.
6. Females: Do you regularly change your handbag to coordinate with your outfit? I change it to match the outfit, the pillows in my living room, my dogs collar, and the color of the last vehicle to drive by. You could say I love any reason to change bags....or to have a reason to buy a new one.
7. Are you task-oriented or relationship-oriented? hhhmmm....now that's a toughie. I'm more introverted, and not as outgoing as my husband is (he'll talk to ANYONE, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME...whereas I'm more reserved and cautious), but at the same time, if I have a task to work on, I'd much rather work on it with someone else and not alone. hhhmmm....I'm gonna have to get back to you on this one.
8. IHOP, Bob Evans or Cracker Barrel? Does it make me weird if I say I've never eaten at any of those? 'Cuz, I haven't.
9. Have you ever left a movie in progress in a theater? Why? No. We don't go to a theater very often, so when we go, we are pretty selective about what we'll see. I have however, turned a movie off that I'm watching on tv or video because it's too gross, violent, offensive, etc.
10. What is one area of life in which you would like to develop more discipline or organization? Only ONE area? Because I'd really like to say "all". I'm not an organized person, and never have been, so I'm guessing it's just not going to happen in my lifetime. Therefore I'll go with more disciplined. I need to be more disciplined with myself in areas of my health and well being, without being so hard on myself.
11. Was middle school fun or painful? Painful, horrible, awful, and something you couldn't pay me enough to repeat. In other words...I didn't like it very much. LOL
12. What is your favorite Fall beverage? Swiss Miss Sugar-Free Hot Chocolate mix. mmmmmmm...chocolatey warm goodness, with no guilt.