Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Random Dozen

Linda @ 2nd Cup is hosting this meme. Join in the fun!



1. Tell me the absolute best way to watch a movie.

If it's a movie I've never seen before, then I like watching it alone, so no one talks or interrupts. One of my biggest pet peeves is when someone talks through a movie. It makes me crazy! Unless it's a comedy....it's not nearly as fun to laugh alone.

2. Do you ever think about your own funeral? If so, do you have specific ideas about how you would like it to be?

When my son was born, I had PPD that went into severe clinical depression and I was suicidal a couple of times. One of those times I actually planned my entire funeral, right down to what make-up I wanted. It's odd for me to remember back to that time, since it was a dark time in my life, but at the same time, it's also ironic how many of the items I planned would be almost the same today (songs, verses, etc)


3. Are you more of a giver or a taker?

I like to think I'm a giver...I try hard to be. Wait...maybe I should take that back? hahahaha, oh I crack myself up.

4. Vacations: planned activities and schedules, or play it by ear?

A little of both. If we know there are certain sights we definitely want to see, we will usually figure out what day we want to do that, but other than that, we are pretty relaxed.

5. What is one often overlooked item in your home that needs to be cleaned regularly?

Windows. I'm so bad about doing them as often as I should. Especially our front window. They go low enough that the dogs love to lay on the ledge and look out, which is fine. However, they get their nose and tongue prints all over the lower part of the windows and it looks bad. I could clean them 3 times a day and they'd still get "goobers" on them.

6. Name a cause that means a lot to you.

Puppy mill rescue. All 3 of our bichons were puppy mill dogs. Molly was in a mill the longest. She was there 6 1/2 years pumping out litter after litter. When she got "too old" they literally tossed her out on the street to fend for herself. She is very bonded with me, but still untrusting of others, and to this day she is scared of being held or even picked up (even by me). She also gets hysterical if she is crated for even a short time. Plus she's had cancer 3 times due to nursing too much without a break. It breaks my heart knowing there are other dogs in tiny cages being used and abused in this way. After my children are all raised and on their own, I have considered doing foster care to try to help rehabilitate puppy mill rescued dogs.


7. Do you eat a regular old peanut butter jelly sandwich, or do you customize it? And by the way, jelly or no jelly?

I love pb & j sandwiches...just those ingredients only. Oh, and no jelly....we use jam :)


8. If we were having a conversation in person, how would I know if you were nervous?

I fidget and giggle/laugh a lot like a big ol' dork. I also agree with everything you say by nodding my head, so I look like one of those bobbing head dogs in the back of a grandma's car window.

9. Do you have an elaborate bedtime routine, or just the basics of toothbrushing and jammies?

It's gotten elaborate due to my health issues. I do the normal change, brush teeth, wash face routine, but then I rub lotion all over (my skin is now ridiculously dry), I put on these soft fleecy, no elastic socks (randomly in the middle of the night my feet will turn ice cold...even when covered), I put on wrist braces for the carpal tunnel. I fluff the pillow my feet lay on (they are too sore to lay on the hard bed) and I turn on the heating pad to relax any spasms I get when I first lay down. I also turn on the "white noise" machine to help with my insomnia and I plug in my phone. By this time, Jay's already been asleep for 30 min. LOL

10. Have you ever regretted something you wrote on your blog?

Not that I can recall. But I know I don't always use the best grammar, word,or puncuation, which I regret, but well, that's me.

11. Has anyone ever told you that you look like a famous person or celebrity? Did you agree?

No, but when my twin daughters were babies and toddlers they were constantly mistaken for Ashley & Mary Kate Olsen....until they were probably 8 or 9 yrs old.

However, with the swelling my feet have had lately, they are all rippled and lumpy all over them. Jay told me one day my feet look like Arnold Schwarzenegger when he won Mr. World or whatever it was. So now whenever I leave a room, he thinks it'd be funny for me to say in that deep heavy accented voice "I'll be back". :-/

12. If you were going to dedicate a song to a loved one or friend, what would the song be and to whom would it be dedicated?

"Grow Old Along With Me" is the song I always play and dedicate to Jay on our anniversary. Although with the way he's been acting lately it might be: "You Stuck My Heart In a Old Tin Can and Shot It Off a Log" (yes, that's an actual song - I looked it up).

10 comments:

sara said...

I hate it when people talk during a movie. My best friends make fun of me when we are all together b/c they love to talk during movies!! I need to come watch some with you!!!

Joyce said...

It was fun reading your answers...I have the dog nose prints on the windows in my living room too. My dog is a big slobberer so I feel like I'm always wiping up surfaces she passes by...Enjoy your day!

SusanD said...

ok....the Schwarzenegger comment by your hubby was over the top and had me laughing out loud. Thanks. Blessings, SusanD

Susanne said...

Schwarzenegger feet is hilarious! Too funny as is the song.

So sad about the puppies. I had no idea they toss them out into the streets.

SouthLakesMom said...

I love you cracking yourself up! I laughed out loud because I do that all the time. It is not uncommon to find me, surrounded by my family saying, "Am I the only one who thinks I'm funny?"

Tell Jay he can just call you "the Guv" and watch out because you WILL be back!

Thank you for your honesty about the PPD -- I'm sure that someone who reads your answers is going to find some courage in your transparency.

Hope your feet and everything else feel MUCHO better soon.

Melli said...

LMBO over that last song!!!

Goodness! You really have QUITE a bedtime routine! I'D be asleep before I got all that done! I do hope your feet feel better soon! When I was teaching my feet used to swell EVERY day and be soooo SORE... I hated that! If I don't get back to exercising it's going to be that way again... I AM going to get back to exercising!

Do you know my carpal tunnel went away when I lost weight too? I don't know if you have weight issues... but I'm just saying... I'm severely overweight - and when I lost 60 pounds I was AMAZED at all my health issues that went away! (of course, now I've gained it back and have to start over... but I know what I'm workin' for this time!!!)

Charlene Amsden said...

Oh, I can't stand movie talkers! If they want to talk why are they in a movie theater? And WHY do they always sit behind me?

My favorite movie partner is my niece. She knows that we go to the movie together and watch it, then we go to dinner and talk it to pieces!

And I probably shouldn't do this but ...

Been Roped and Thrown

Mama, get the hammer, there's a fly on Papa's head.
I've been roped and thrown by Jesus in the Holy Ghost corral.
I fell in a pile of you and got love all over me,
But who bit the wart off Grandma's nose?


Chorus: I wanna whip your cow; I wanna whip your cow,
'Cause you just can't play a sad song on a banjo, anyhow.
You done tore out my heart and you stomped that sucker flat.
You made toothpicks from the timbers of my heart.

If the jukebox took teardrops, I'd cry all night long.
You stuck my heart in an old tin can and shot it off a log.
Well, I guess if you can't feel it, then it ain't really there,
And the last word in lonesome is "me."

Repeat chorus

If I can't be number one in your life, number two on you.
I can't get over you, 'til you get out from under him.
I'm so miserable without you, it's almost like you're here,
So I flushed you down the toilet of my heart.

quilldancer.com

Kim said...

Hahaha, liked that alternate song "You stuck my heart in an old tin can and shot it off a log".

You definitely never want to watch movies with me -- I cannot shut up :-)

Deven said...

Love song choice #2. Ah, musicians. And the only new-to-me movies I talk in are scary ones so I can be less scared.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

#2-wow, you grabbed my heart, Dena. How miserable you were; I know.

#6 - Dena! You're killing me!

Thanks for participating, friend.