Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Sleep Study

I have terrible insomnia. Not only do I have trouble falling asleep, but staying asleep is equally just as hard. I first experienced trouble sleeping right after Austin was born. For a few years, it did get better, but it's now progressively gotten worse over the past 5-6 years.

I have tried EV.ERY.THING.

I have used over the counter sleeping pills, and prescription pills. The latest one does seem to be helping a little bit. I have actually gotten up to 4 hours of sleep before waking back up. That's HUGE!

So my doctor scheduled a sleep study for me. I have that tonight, and I am really getting nervous about it.

Think about this....I will have wires attached to my face and chest. I am in a room that only has 2 things in it: a bed and 1 or more cameras. I can bring an ipod and a book if I like, and a bottle of water, oh, and a favorite pillow, blanket or any other item I like to sleep with (can I bring my husband? No).

I will be alone in the room KNOWING I have strangers in a room nearby watching my every move on camera.

Talk about PRESSURE!

They will know if I have gas. They will know if I drool. They will know if I scratch my backside, and who knows what else I might do in my sleep.

And what about my nightly trip to the potty? What if they have a camera in there???

I want to wear a one piece leotard type turtleneck and some long yoga pants to sleep in. I don't want to worry about anything being flashed or falling out!

I'm guessing I will get even less sleep than normal tonight. *yawn*

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Hope the study will help the doctors know how to treat your insomnia. I have it periodically and it is awful.

sara said...

ugh! I will be praying for you tonight that it will all be worth it and they will be able to determine what is going on!

just don't eat any broccoli for dinner! :)

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

Yuck. I can't imagine I would get ANY sleep under those conditions! Well, make the best of it and try to sleep so they at least have something to study...and maybe help you with! :-)