Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Miracles

Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year.....a special time when everyone believes miracles can happen.

I've seen lots Christmas miracles recently:

1. I took Tucker & Molly to be groomed. I can do the other 2, but these guys aren't the easiest to groom, so I let someone else deal with them, I mean, delight in their uniqueness.

Honestly I was in a grumpy mood before I left. Not sure why, but I didn't want to feel that way all day, so when I was driving I asked God to help me get in a better mood. When I got the grooming salon, the girl at the counter was beyond excited. "Oh my gosh! Hi!" and she proceeded to give me a hug. Wow...I thought....friendly place, but they're kinda freakin' me out.

Way back before any of my kids were in school, I coached junior high and high school cheerleaders, and it turns out this girl was one of my junior high girls. Her next comment is where the miracle comes in... "Coach. O.M.G. can I just say that you don't look any different than you did all those years ago. I knew you right away when you came in because you look just as young as you did back then! How do you do that?" She might have just been bucking for a fat tip, but I was instantly in a great mood, so it was a miracle none the less.

2. I went to 4 different stores while the dogs were being groomed, and as I left the grooming salon, I said "Lord, I know we're not supposed to pray for material things, but with my back and foot issues, scoring a parking spot close to the entrance of these stores would be so awesome. Can you help me out with that?"

No lie.....every store I went to, I pulled into an open parking spot right by the front door. That doesn't happen to me even when it's not busy, but that's unheard of at Christmastime! And no Jodi, I didn't park in any handicap spots. :-P

3. The woman at Wendy's said she gave me the biggest baked potato they had because I was one of the few rare customers who had smiled and been friendly to her so far.

4. A young man held the door open for me, instead of just walking in ahead of me and letting the door fling back in my face.

5. People have hummed, smiled and said "Merry Christmas" as they walked by.

6. I was in Pier One Imports and I knocked a vase off the shelf as I was reaching for something else....I actually caught it before it hit the floor and broke. A lady nearby said "Whoa...now that was lucky." I said "Nope, just another Christmas miracle."

It's the most wonderful time......of the year.

1 comment:

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

Awww...this is a sweet list to remember. I love days like those when we can feel the love of God so close and so personal.

The days I miss that are days when I'm too busy to notice. Those are always bum days. :-\

Have a Merry CHRISTmas, Dena!