Friday, February 05, 2010

Help! I've Turned Into My Mom!

Those are the words I heard followed by a long "aaaarrrrggghhh! I'm too young for this!"

Chelsea called me this morning since we knew we had both talked to Ashley after she landed in Hawaii and we compared notes.

Both of us agreed that she sounded off-the-charts hyper, which is how she gets when she's super excited.

Both of us agreed she also sounded super happy as well, and "L" sounded happy too when we each talked to him.

When Ashley landed in California and had a 2 hr layover, I told her "make sure you use the bathroom - airplane bathrooms are even nastier that airport ones." I also said "Get something to eat so you don't waste your snacks (in case there was another delay - which there was). Plus, if you were to buy something on the plane, it's going to be ridiculously expensive."

Funny part is that after we were done talking, she called Chelsea. Chelsea told her "hey, remember to eat something. If you buy it on the plane, you'll pay a crazy amount. Oh yea, and go to the bathroom before you board the plane so you don't have to use the one on there."

Ashley said to her "Ok, ok. MOM. She just told me the same thing. Stop repeating her."

Chelsea called me this morning "Help! I've turned into my mom!"

I was rolling!! LOL

2 comments:

Debbie said...

LOL! Isn't that the way? I've caught myself a lot over the years of parenting stopping in mid sentence to look around expecting to see my mom pointing a remote control device at me making me speak her words. On the other hand, like you, recently I have heard my 20 year old daughter say something that sounds like it came straight from my mouth. She, too, stops and looks at me and just busts out laughing. It's nice to know they were paying attention, isn't it?

Kelly said...

Wow. That shows you did a good job!