Friday, March 05, 2010

Gimme A Head With Hair, Long Beautiful Hair

It was a sad, sad day yesterday. You know how you get an idea that you think sounds like a winner, but in reality...umm, not so much. That was me, and that's what my idea was like.

I decided to try going a little shorter with my hair. Emphasis on the word "little". Nothing drastic, just the normal trim plus an extra 1/2" tops. I've thought about trying it shorter for a while, but am much too chicken to make a major change, so it's all about baby steps. Only it turned out to be one GINORMOUS step. I don't know if she didn't totally get what I meant, or if she didn't get enough sleep last night (she has a 6 mo old baby), but today was not a home run kind of day for her....or me.

You see, I have no hair left. Ok, ok, that's a slight exaggeration. I mean, I do have some hair left. More hair than most military personnel - the male ones anyhow.

It looks like this:




I know....right????



Ok, I kid. It's not really THAT short. It's honestly more like this:



Ok, I know what you're thinking: "What's the fuss about you big baby? That's cute." And you are correct. It is cute. It's adorable! The difference is, I'm not in my 20's, I don't have that long graceful neck, and I haven't had just one single chin since the mid-90's. So that cute adorable haircut on her, looks like a blonde basketball enveloping my head.

What's that? You want me to take a picture of it to show you? No siree bob. Not gonna happen my friends. Cuz I no likey!!

I have decided that I am never going to get my hair cut ever again! At least not until my next appointment in 5 weeks.

Let me leave you with the words to the song I've been singing all day (well, once I googled them anyhow)...



Gimme a head with hair
Long beautiful hair
Shining, gleaming,
Streaming, flaxen, waxen

Give me down to there hair
Shoulder length or longer
Here baby, there mama
Everywhere daddy daddy

Hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair
Flow it, show it
Long as God can grow it
My hair

Let it fly in the breeze
And get caught in the trees
Give a home to the fleas in my hair
A home for fleas
A hive for bees
A nest for birds
There ain't no words
For the beauty, the splendor, the wonder
Of my...

Hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair
Flow it, show it
Long as God can grow it
My hair


2 comments:

sara said...

LOL!! you are so funny...more hair than military personnel!! ha!

My stylist cuts my hair so well but can't STYLE it. I left her shop last time looking RI.DI.CU.LOUS. I called my friend to tell her and she told me to send her a picture....uh..NO. so I totally get it!

Kelly said...

I had a similar thing happen to me yesterday at the hair salon. I wanted my roots touched up. Now I'm Pamela Anderson blonde all over my whole head!!!!!!!!!