Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Room update

It's coming along...s l o w l y. Well, ok, it's actually coming along really fast when you consider it was not too long ago that we didn't even have the concrete floor poured. But for those of you who don't know me as well, I am not known for my patience *pausing to let you recover from the shock* .

They finished sheetrocking and mudding the walls. Then Jay helped with sanding of the walls. Now the walls have been painted and the trim has been put up around the windows and doors.


So....what's left? Well, for starters, the floor is still bare. The carpet is supposed to be laid today.



After that gets laid, we can put in the stairs leading from the house out to the room. As you can see by this picture, my toes have nowhere else to go until the steps are in.

Also, we have no electricity yet. The electrician is supposed to come tomorrow (fingers crossed).



As they move around the room to lay the carpet, the hot tub will have to be moved, so once the carpet is done, the hot tub will be in it's final location. Then I can bring in the cute bistro table and chairs I bought, as well as the deck box that can not only be used for those taking off or putting on their shoes/boots, but the stinky barn boots can be put inside the box so we don't have to see or smell them (was that good thinking on my part or what?). I also have a simple stand that will be put by the hot tub that will hold the beach towels that can be used to dry off.

And then the calypso music can start for the room will be done!!!

*scratch the music to a stop*

Wait...nope, not done. I still have the valances to hang. But, they can't be hung yet, because I haven't found any that I like yet.

Ah what the heck...start the music back up anyhow. We can party with out draperies.

No comments: