Monday, April 28, 2008

Shopping

Yesterday Ashley had try-outs for the college dance team (and she made the team...wooohooo!). While in Des Moines, I was a good mom and sacrificed for my daughter by staying there to drive her home. That meant I had 7+ hrs to kill. hhhmmm....what to do? Ok, I'll suffer through by "forcing" myself to go shopping. hehehe

I had so much fun! I was alone, but at the same time that was a good thing. I got TONS of things accomplished I had hoped to do. New shirt to wear for Austin's confirmation, as well as 2 other cute summer tops. New outfit to wear for the girls' graduation. Things I wanted for the house, as well as the few remaining things we needed for the graduation party.

Shop till you drop baby!

When I was all done doing what I needed to do, I still had about an hour to kill, so I headed to the mall. I had heard about Spanx that Oprah swears by, so of course I wanted to check this out. Have you heard of these?



They are undergarments - everything from panties & bras to full body armor - that guarantee to hold you in and smooth you all over (click on the picture to go to their site). So, I grab a few things in different sizes to try on since I had no clue how the sizes run. What an ordeal!

First off....when stores know there are going to be women trying on tight fitting undergarments, they should provide dressing rooms that are padded so you can comfortably bounce off the walls as you wobble, jump, and hop around in a tribal style dance while trying to squeeze your big ol' butt into something that looks like it's going to fit a 4th grader.




It was exhausting!

Fortunately, I have a good sense of humor and am able to laugh at myself, and laugh I did...I got the giggles trying on these different items, even though I was worn out. When done, I refixed my hair, wiped the sweat from my brow and kept the faith that this would work out.

Finally, I found the size I needed and the angels sang! OMG let me just tell you I love these things! They are so comfortable now that I'm in the right size. The full high wasted panty comes with these detachable straps. You can hook the top of the panty to your bra so it doesn't slide down. How cool is that? The only thing I have issue with is having to unhook it to go to the bathroom. The panty is actually crotchless, which is a whole other issue for me. I mean come on...as I'm getting older, things that make me giggle, sneeze or cough also make me dribble. That's not good when your wearing crotchless panties. Can't you just see it....I'm walking down the street with a trail following me. "Uh excuse me lady, I think you sprung a leak." Cover UpBut, I bought a pair anyhow. I'll work out the dribble...I mean details....later.

I really wanted to get one of their bras, but they only had my size in black and with summer coming, I don't think I'll be wearing many black things, so I decided to wait. But let me tell you the "girls" were so happy in their new home. They were lifted, supported and cradled in softness. They actually appeared to have life in them again...and that's no easy task!

After the stores had closed, I drove back to the college to wait for Ashley to get done. I had bought a book to read, but wasn't in the mood to read it. I was so happy and excited with my productive shopping day and was in a great mood. It's not a good thing to have me all alone, in a great mood, and with access to a camera phone, because then I do silly things...

I took pictures and sent them. I took this one and sent it to my kids with the title:


Your mama done lost her mind!

All 3 of them replied back within seconds saying "What the heck is that?" I found out later that Ashley was on a quick snack break while waiting for her results of the try-outs so that's how she replied back so fast.

I sent others too to Jay including one of me cross-eyed with my finger in my nose that said "You iz the luckiest man on urth to haz such a sexy wife" but quickly deleted them once I got home so they couldn't be used against me. My mama didn't raise no fool! LOL

So that was my shopping day. Aren't you sorry you missed it?

1 comment:

The Naths said...

Actually, I am a little sorry I missed it! Sounds like a blast! You crack me up!