Monday, May 26, 2008

Daily Trip Ideas

As some of you know, we have a host student "Anna" (the first "An" are pronounced like "on") who is coming over from Spain and she will live with us for just over a month. She arrives on June 24th.

We don't have Gondola rides, the Statue of Liberty, or even mountains to show her. But I know there have to be some fun things to do here in Iowa that I'm not even thinking about. I don't mind going out of state as long as it's still able to just be a day trip. Although...now that I think about it, I need to check to see if we are allowed to take her out of state. hhhmmm...yea, that's something I need to check on. (updated to say that I emailed the Spanish teacher at our school since she's in charge of the details).

My mind is a total blank (yea- moreso than normal), so I'm asking for your help. Please respond to this with lots and lots of ideas so we can show her how great Iowa and the midwest really are!

Thanks in advance for all your help!

4 comments:

Debi said...

Living History Farms

Amana Colonies

Blank Park Zoo ?? (or Omaha or KC, if you can go out of state!)

Paradise Park in Waterloo (ask Lance - it's a water park)

Iowa Cubs baseball game (great fireworks July 4th)

Boone Scenic Valley Railroad ride/ Kate Shelley Museum

Debi said...

Oh - you know what else I was thinking would be fun - maybe watch Bridges of Madison County and take her to the Bridges?

Tea Room in Perry? or some other cool tea room experience where you get dressed up and stuff. ??

The Ledges in Boone for hiking/picnic?

Just a few more ideas.

Dena said...

Great ideas. Thanks! Keep 'em coming! :)

Anonymous said...

Iowa State Fair!

Mall of America. :)

Chicago

(and tell Debi to fix the link from her blog to yours, okay?)