Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Prayer & Laughter Is What I needed

Ok, first may I say I have been overwhelmed by the good thoughts and prayers I have been blessed with here, and by email. I feel so grateful for it all, I really do. You have no idea! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

The good news is the prayers and the prednisone are working, and the swelling is going down. Halleluia!! but I am a freaked out, wired up MESS! I am fidgeting because my insides are shaking and I can't sit still, but when I try to do anything that requires more than just sitting down, my chest hurts and I feel like my heart is going to pound right out of my chest (Doctor confirmed that no I am not having a heart attack...that's another "benefit" of the prednisone).

So I am sitting and fidgeting, and all jittery, and I have no pupils. Jay came in and said "have you been smoking or drinking anything? You look like one of those guys on COPS".

Speaking of COPS... God knows that one of my favorite things to do is to laugh. Every once in a while when we are in the need of a good laugh, we will turn on the tv show COPS. No matter how bad your day is going, you are still better off than any of them. So yesterday I definitely needed something to make me laugh and forget that my eyes were the size of bowling balls, so I turned on the tv and sure enough COPS was on. The guy I saw still has me laughing....

Here's how the actual exchange went:

The policeman is on a slow speed chase and finally the criminal does pull over. They get him out of that car and put him in the backseat of the police car.

Policeman: Sir, who's car is it?

Criminal: {looking around inside the police car } Well....I'm a guessin' it's your car, unless you stole yours too.

P: {chuckling} Noooo, I KNOW this is my car.

C: Well then, whaddya askin' me that for?

P: I want to know who's car you were driving.

C: Oh, that one? {pointing with his head to the car he had been in}. I dunno.

P: You don't know? Well, then why were you driving it?

C: Cuz I stole it.


P: You stole it?

C: Yep.

P: Is that why you didn't pull over when you saw my lights?

C: Nope.

P: Well then why didn't you stop?

C: Cuz, I been drinking and I was afraid I'd hit the curb trying to pull over. That'd fer sure put a dent in the car, and then I'd be in a hole messa trouble.


You can't make this stuff up people! That literally had me laughing out loud. As if admitting he stole a car and had been drinking wasn't going to get him in trouble? Oh and yea, I did feel better after watching that. I mean, my eyes might be wigging out, but at least I'm not a knucklehead. LOL

4 comments:

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

HA HA! You're POST had me laughing out loud!

Our lives can always be worse, can't they? People like that drunk theif remind me of it, too.

I'm glad you're face is getting better...but I wouldn't like the shaky feeling AT ALL. How long do you have to be on that stuff?

Dena said...

I am taking very large doses, but less each day. Today I take 3, then tomorrow 2, and then on Friday 1. After that I'll be done. I saw the doctor this morning and the next peel will include me starting the prednisone immediately to hopefully avoid any reactions, and I'll only have to take it for 2-3 days.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

One time I saw an episode where a man who was collecting women's underwear without their permission claimed he was trying to build a wax museum.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

One time I saw an episode where a man who was collecting women's underwear without their permission claimed he was trying to build a wax museum.