Sunday, December 28, 2008

Busy Bee

I'm not sure quite what happened to me yesterday, but wowsers ~ I was one busy bee! I didn't sleep well the night before, so I decided I needed to keep moving to help wake me up. Next thing I knew I had all the Christmas decorations down (except for the tree). I had planned to start with a few things here and there, but once I got started I couldn't stop. I also packed all our Christmas dishes and silverware, and brought back out our everyday items.

Once that was done, I started taking down the village sets. Why? Dunno! I have never EVER taken them down this early. They are always up until at least the first part of February. But one by one the buildings were re-wrapped up in bubble wrap and stored away for another year.

The window ledge behind our dining table went from this:

back to this ~ in no time at all:

Then Jay and I headed out to run some errands. I spent a couple of gift cards I received for Bath & Body Works, so now I smell all yummy and good.

Jay needed to exchange something at Best Buy, and while we were there we looked at their microwaves. We have had our current microwave for almost our entire marriage. As a matter of fact, the booklet was dated as 1988 - 20 years ago! It had gotten to the point where it would moan and groan when using it as if to say "Just put me out of my misery already". We have talked about getting a new one, and now was the right time. Best Buy was having a great sale, so we bid farewell to our "antique" microwave and we said "hello" to our new one. It's so shiny, I love it. And, you can preset up to 18 different programs. So, lets say for example I like to cook baked potatoes in there (which Jay does often). We can name one program "Baked Potatoes" and enter the amount of time we want it to cook and voila...next time all he has to do is to select "Baked Potatoes". Cool huh? I'm sure that's probably something that has been available for a long time, but remember, big hair and leg warmers were still in style the last time we bought one.

I'm guessing my passion for working hard today should have been a premonition for me. As of tonight, I can barely move. I had a dog that's being boarded take my feet out from under me and I learned that I don't bounce well on concrete. I painfully climbed into the hot tub and soaked for a while, and then applied ice to my hip and lower back area.

So I guess it was a good thing I worked hard, since I don't think I'll be doing that again for a few days anyhow.

1 comment:

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

Oh no Dena! I hope your back gets to feeling better!

Doesn't it feel so nice to have that ALLL done, though? Mine looms over me until next Sunday when I am determined that it all comes down!