Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Memory #1

Over the next several days (until Christmas) I plan to share some of my favorite Christmas memories. I say "plan" because, well, it IS Christmas time and as usual I am way behind, so who knows what each day will bring.


Today I'm sharing my all time favorite Christmas photo of my children. This was taken in 1995. The girls were 5 1/2 and Austin was 2 1/2. He was so mad that he had to stand inbetween his sisters and he most definitely did not want to do that. I ended up bribing him with a Christmas cookie (which still works 13 yrs later by the way) and we got some wonderful pictures that I chose one from for our Christmas card, but this quickly became my favorite. It sits in a frame on our dresser year round.

Right before this picture Austin said "I not smy'in (smilin')". When I snapped the shot he said a super pouty voice "Hey dats not bery nice mama". I remember saying to him "Is that how Jesus would want us to act when it's his birthday?" And he said "Its not his birf-day yet. I smile on his birf-day but not today".


1 comment:

DEb said...

HAHAHA....well, he did have a point, it wasn't Jesus' b-day that day, was it??

CUTE CUTE PIC!!