Monday, December 29, 2008

Quick Update

According to my Chiropractor, Dr. P, I have a couple of severely pinched nerves in my neck. My back also needed major adjusting, which he did, and that's already feeling better. My neck however is actually feeling worse. He warned me this was a case of "You're going to feel worse before you feel better", so at least I know what I'm feeling is normal.

I have to go back in 2 days to see if there is any progress. If not, he's going to do x-rays to see if there's something else going on. Thankfully having no feeling in my thumb will correct itself as soon as we get the nerve unpinched (whewww!).

For now, I'm taking Ibuprofin and alternating between putting ice on my neck and then soaking in the hot tub. Since laying down flat makes my whole arm go painfully numb, I'm to sleep in the recliner so I'm slightly upright. He thinks that will help.

Despite my best intentions I could not convince Dr. P to write me a prescription for a full-time cook and maid. I tried, Lord knows I tried. However, my dear sweetheart of a husband told me not to worry about it. He gave me a diet coke, some Advil and said "You go rest while I take care of supper".

He ordered pizza.

Dr. P and I talked about the kennel and all the physical work involved in caring for many dogs of many sizes, and I told him that by this time next week, I will be officially retired from it. He said he is happy to hear that for my sake. He said that my body is not equipped to handle the punishment those big dogs are doing to me, and the physical problems I keep having are proof of that.

He's not trying to say I'm getting old ... is he?

No comments: