Thursday, January 08, 2009

MN Here We Come!

I am soooo excited!

Ashley is in a dance competition this weekend in Minneapolis. Since Austin will be gone on a school music trip from Friday through Sunday, Jay and I decided last night that we would make a quick 3 hr drive up to watch Ashley on Saturday afternoon and then drive back that night. But, Jay just came home about an hour ago and said "You know, I've been thinking, we have no reason to rush right back home. Whatdya say we get a hotel room and stay the night and maybe even go to the Mega Mall."

So you're saying we get to watch our daughter compete AND go to the Mega Mall AND stay in a hotel room - alone - just the 2 of us?

What do I say? What do I say?

I say "Get outta my way Mister...I have a hotel reservation to make!" That's what I say, or said. Whatever. Within 10 minutes I had a reservation print-out in my hands, with another copy on my blackberry - safe and sound.

Jay and I used to take a trip alone every spring for 4 days. Once the kids got into different activities there just wasn't ever enough time to do that anymore. With 3 kids, it seemed like someone was always involved in something all year long. Plus, money was extra tight for a while and we made the decision that if we could only afford to do one trip each year, then it would be a family trip, since the kids would only be with us for so long. We could take trips alone after they were all raised.

It's been close to 10 years since I have been on an overnight trip alone with my husband. This is big news people! I mean like....shave your legs all the way, not just to the knee, kind of news! Not only am I getting to see my daughter, I'm also staying alone with my husband.

AND I'M GOING TO THE MALL OF AMERICA!!

AKA: THE MEGA MALL!!

Three floors of shopping heaven! If you have never had the pleasure of shopping there, check out this link: http://www.mallofamerica.com/

I never care if I even buy anything there, I just love to walk around, up and down every level (proof that I need to get out more). Sure, I'll have Jay with me and he's about as much fun to take shopping as taking a cactus would be, but he'll survive.

Oh and the cherry on the top of the sundae is that the hotel we are staying at is right across the street from the Mall of America. How awesome is that? As I told Jay "that's close enough for you to carry packages back and forth if necessary." I could tell he was thrilled with that thought.

Having a dead hand could cause a problem, but then again, that's what Jay will be there for. Right?

2 comments:

Becky said...

This is big news people! I mean like....shave your legs all the way, not just to the knee, kind of news!

That was stinkin' hilarious! I almost peed a little I laughed so suddenly. I am excited for you.... that sounds like a super fun trip with the hubs.

DEb said...

WOW....I am SO behind on reading your blog...your life moves FAST!! I'm tryin! HAVE FUN at the mall!