Tuesday, February 10, 2009

What A Great Day

Yesterday was one of the best days we have had in a very long time. It was cloudy, rainy, damp and just plain yucky outside. So what made it so great?
This:

And this:

And do you know why we had mud on our roads and ponds in our fields? Because according to my vehicle, we had

This:


51 degrees!

F-I-F-T-Y O-N-E D-E-G-R-E-E-S!

People - this is February. This is Iowa. This is not normal.

Oh but we'll accept it!

It was still cold enough that when the heated water dish was empty the farm cats took turns sitting in it. The big sissies.

I don't feel bad for them at all either, because they are wild, and they are mean. This one for example growled long and loud at me for getting within a 6' distance to take this picture. I reminded him of the saying which has to do with not biting the hand that feeds you, but I don't think he cared.

For one brief second I felt a little bad that they were out of water until this nasty ol' kitty hissed at me as soon as I stepped closer to fill it up. Fine, deal with dehydration your own way and drink from a mud puddle. See if I care. I had Jay fill it up later.

I know that today doesn't signal the end of Winter. After all, this is February. This is Iowa. This is not normal.

But we'll enjoy it as long as it does last.

3 comments:

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Oh, I know. You and I should lay out and get tans and IM each other.

Anonymous said...

Hey - we were warmer--had 59 and the day before was 60. That is what happens when you live south farther & west!!!!!!!!! But love every minute of it and yep-closer to spring......Enjoy!!!

Becky said...

ACK! Global warming! LOL!