Saturday, December 19, 2009

Project 365 ~ Week 51

Week 51...only 1 week left! Wow! I am constantly amazed at how fast the year has gone. We had another busy week with basketball games and concerts. However, I don't have any of those pictures here because I'm having trouble downloading those off my camera. gggrrr! So here's other pics from the week.




Sunday - 12/13

We went to a mall to do some Christmas shopping today. This was taken in the upstairs of one store and looking down. It really was a lot more crowded than it appears.



After we got home from shopping, we re-arranged our living room. When we moved the tv stand we found out where all of Molly's balls had disappeared to. She was so excited when she saw them. She went from one to the next trying to play with them all at the same time. lol



Monday - 12/14

A quick snow/ice storm came through canceling school for the day...



So, I spent part of the morning helping Austin shop online for a Christmas gift for his girlfriend. The poor kid was so stressed out trying to figure out what to get her. In the end he did a great job and I'm sure she'll really like her gift. :)



Tuesday - 12/15

No Tucker, this doesn't make you look guilty at all! ... I never did find anything wrong, but Tucker stayed under the recliner like this off and on all day. Sometimes he's just so hard to figure out. ha!



Wednesday - 12/16

I did not take this picture, but I did receive it in an email from Ashley. A friend and teammate of Ashley's took this of her while they were at dance practice, and she sent me a copy. I just love it!



Thursday - 12/17

We moved our corn burner up to the living room today. It was originally in our finished basement where the kids all had their bedrooms, but now the girls are gone, and Austin has moved upstairs, so it sat there unused. We have the dream of putting a fireplace in someday, but it's not in the budget, so we figured...why not use our corn burner for now. It'll probably be after Christmas before the man comes to help get it vented outside, but then we'll be using it a lot!



Friday - 12/18

This is my left foot as we are on our way home from the Emergency walk-in clinic. Yesterday I got a terrible pain in my foot that felt as if I was stepping on a nail with each step. It was still just as bad today, so Jay took me to have it checked out. Turns out I have a Morton's Neuroma, as well as a cyst that is pushing on the neuroma, and that's what is causing all the pain. I see a podiatrist after Christmas, and until then I'm to use crutches or a cane to keep weight off that spot.



Saturday - 12/19

Now THIS would be a reason for Tucker to hide....the little stinker chewed up a Christmas card. Why? Who knows???? Thankfully, it was the card from family, and they found it amusing.



Well there you have it. That was our week! Have fun looking through other pics at Sara's, by clicking on the link in the sidebar!

7 comments:

sara said...

your dog was in heaven with all her balls!! :)

so funny to watch our boys navigate the whole "girlfriend" thing..especially in buying gifts!!!

so sorry about your foot!!! What can they do about that? But hey, milk it over Christmas...I don't think you can do any dishes or much cooking at all....certainly no laundry!!! :)

Merry Christmas!!!

Kim said...

Your dogs are such a hoot!

Sorry you're on crutches until after Christmas -- hopefully it won't be too inconvenient.

Have a wonderful, blessed and best ever Christmas!

Dena said...

As far as my foot, I will have a cortisone shot (possibly two). If that doesn't help, they will possibly need to do surgery. I'm really praying hard that I don't have to do that.

Edie said...

Your dogs are funny too! Hahaha! Is that a picture of a pig on that Christmas card? I think Tucker just smelled bacon. It's an honest mistake. LOL!

Love how your son is putting so much thought into his girlfriend's gift.

So sorry about your foot! Praying now that surgery is not required but you get effective treatment.

Have a most blessed Christmas!

riTa Koch said...

So sorry, Dena, about even MORE pain and stuff to deal with! Did negotiating the crowded mall bring it on or aggravate the Morton? Never heard of such a malady. Hadn't known of a corn burner before, either.
My favorite photos the storm and the dancer, and favorite story--Austin buying a gift. So sweet.
Blessings!

Esthermay Bentley-Goossen said...

Your shopping mall is a jail? :-o

WOW! Your Monday photo is spectacular!!! Belongs in Reminisce Magazine. I really like it.

Re: Tucker under the recliner – this has always been one of my greatest fears. That one of our pets – or children when they were little – would get their paw or their neck or a finger or an arm cut off in the recliner apparatus thing under there…… yikes. This picture is scarin’ me.

Wednesday – I cannot do that.

Tucker: BUSTED!!!

Merry CHRISTmas, Dena! I have so enjoyed getting to know you on Project 365. Lets do it again in 2010. I will remember you in prayer this week with your foot pain. It’s the worst time to also have to deal with physical pain and stuff. Especially in our oh!-so-pleasant-& accommodating climate…. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Have a wonderful week!
~es.

Dena said...

Thanks for all the prayers...love you all!

Yes, that's a pig on the Christmas card. Jays cousin shows pigs and the pig on the picture is "whitey" one that he has had since he was little. It's now almost like a family pet. LOL