I had a few requests for my baked oatmeal recipe, and I'm happy to share it, so here ya go. Any adjustments I made, I listed in parenthesis. Enjoy!
1c oat bran (I substituted gluten-free oatmeal and it still comes out great)
1c oatmeal (I used gluten-free oatmeal)
1 1/2t baking powder
1t baking soda
pinch of salt (I omitted)
1 egg (I used egg beaters)
1c fat-free evaporated milk
1/2c fat-free plain yogurt (I used greek yogurt since it has least amount of sugar that I can find)
1/2c unsweetened applesauce (I use the pre-portioned containers...they are each 1/2c)
1 1/2t pure vanilla extract
1t ground cinnamon
1t pumpkin pie spice -rounded
3 splenda packets (I use stevia)
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 8x8" pan with Pam.
* Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
* Stir well.
* Scrape into the pan quickly and put into the preheated oven
* Cook for 25 min. - until top is golden brown and sides begin to pull away from the edge of the pan.
* Cool for a few minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack (I never have good luck with that. I find it works better for me to cool it completely, and then cut it into squares. Then they lift out cleanly).
Makes 4 LARGE servings. Cut into 6 servings if you plan to have fruit, protein or something else with it. I make a double batch and cut it into 9 large servings.
Options: You can add fruit (blueberries are great!), dried fruit, nuts, jam, or chocolate chips to the recipe for varitey.
*** I wrap each individual piece separately and freeze them. When you want to eat one, just pop it in the microwave for one minute and it's good to go. You can also toast them if you prefer.