Sunday, September 23, 2007

Bedroom Re-do

I think I have an addiction to decorating...and redecorating....and redecorating some more. I wonder if there is a 12-step program for it? "Hi, my name is __________ and I'm a decorating addict. LOL



When my girls were in 8th grade I decorated the house in time for their confirmation. Now they will be graduating and here I go again. I don't plan to do the whole house (I still love our kitchen and the fake brick wall in the dining area), but I re-did the living room and I'm moving on to our bedroom. The walls are painted a light shade of blue. The other colors in the room are navy and all the picture frames, the wooden bed frame and other furniture and decorations are all black. My mother made me a BEAUTIFUL quilt with the colors being light blue, navy and a soft yellow. Well as anyone knows, if you get a new bed cover, you HAVE to redecorate. Well, that's what I told Jay anyhow, and he believes me, so no blowing it for me. :P



We had a giant buffet table in there full of old pictures and other "crap". I spent the afternoon cleaning it out and replacing it with other things to make it into a dresser...sort of. I bought a large mirror to put over the top and that is where I can get ready without anyone needing to go to the bathroom or take a shower, forcing me to leave the bathroom. I also plan to rearrange the bedroom (Yes dear, new bedcovers mean not only re-decorating, but moving the furniture, so remember to lift with your legs). We have metal vertical blinds that are getting on my last nerve, so those will be replaced. I would like to be able to sleep with the window open without hearing those things clatter together all night. I'll post pics once it's all done. :)

No comments: