Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Baked Cereal

I know what you're thinking..."Whoa! A recipe two days in a row? This woman is outta control. And even worse...she can't cook!"

Yes, I admit ... I am a wild woman.

But seriously everybody, this recipe is bombdiggity! But do you know what the best part is? It's that it's so easy that even I can't screw it up!

And it's healthy. This is proof that eating what's good for you can be nummy.

This recipe has so many uses....breakfast, breakfast on the go, snack on the go, better choice than concession stand food. See? I told you....bombdiggity!

Baked Cereal
1 box unsweetened Shredded Wheat cereal
Spray butter
Splenda
Cinnamon

Pour the entire box of cereal into a very large mixing bowl.
Spray cereal with butter.
Toss and spray again. Repeat until all cereal is coated.
Sprinkle with Splenda.
Toss and sprinkle again. Repeat until all cereal is coated.
Sprinkle with Cinnamon.
Toss and sprinkle again. Yep, you guessed it - repeat until all cereal is coated.
Spread in a single layer onto a cookie sheet.
Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes, until cereal is crispy (well, crispier than normal).
Enjoy!

See how easy that is? I made up 2 boxes worth of cereal and it filled a 1 gallon sized baggie. And it's got just enough coating to make it have a hint of sweetness, without tasting like a sugary cereal. This is going to be a new favorite for me, I can feel it.

Let me know if you try it and let me know if you liked it or not.

No comments: