Wednesday, October 08, 2008

I Feel So Honored

I have had the priviledge of finding a blog that takes me back in time to a glorious period when my children were small. I love reading Becky over at the blog Adult Deprived and always find myself smiling when I read about something the children have done or a fun time they have experienced. I refreshes a memory of a time when we experienced something similar and it always makes me smile.

Well Becky has made me smile once again. She has given me an award for my blog and I am honored that she has thought enough of me to award me with this:


Thank you sooooooo much Becky!!

The rules which go with it are to share 6 interesting things about myself then pass on the award to six other bloggers. So, here goes nothing.....


#1 - I'm ambidextrous - I write, eat with utensils, brush my hair and teeth, putt when golfing, and drive with my left hand, but do everything else right-handed. My son is the same way....well, except he does all golfing right handed, even putting.

#2 - I have an extreme fear of heights. Bad enough that I was reduced to tears, silent sobbing, and a severe panic attack last September when leaving for a family vacation on a plane. I had anticipated having problems (although not this severe) and was given medication to help, which it obviously didn't. For the return flight, Jay suggested I double the dose. It helped, although there were still some tears during the take off, but then I was out cold for the rest of the flight...and the 3 hr drive home from the airport. No better way to travel in my humble opinion.

#3 - I love sunsets and taking pictures of sunsets. When we built our new home I was thrilled that our sliding doors faced west so I had a perfect view of all sunsets. One of my favorite things to do is to sit out on our deck and watch the sunsets. I have also let Jay know that we will not be planting any trees anywhere that will block that view. Thankfully he loves me enough to honor that request.

#4 - I'm a perfectionist and very hard on myself. It's something I work hard on trying to overcome, but if there is something I can't do perfectly, then I won't even try it, because I can't deal with failure. That goes along with not being able to multi-task. I focus on one thing at a time, one job at a time, one crisis at a time, etc. When I put all my time and energy into something, it's nearly impossible to focus on anything else....which is why I keep working on changing that. :)

(wow...pressure...this is harder than I thought it'd be LOL)

#5 - I have wanted to get a tattoo since I was in high school, but have always been too chicken to get one. I don't want anything big, just a small design I have had made up in my mind for many years. However, I don't do pain well and I have yet to find a place that will put me under general anesthesia to get one done. I had friends take me to get one when I was 18, 21, 30 & 40, and I chickened out each time. I don't know why I want one so badly, but I do, and obviously since I have wanted one for over 20 years, it's not a passing phase. However, unless they come up with a painless way to get one done, I will probably never have a tattoo.

#6 - I am bad at math. No wait, saying I'm bad at it is an understatement. I think math should be outlawed. There, that's more like it. Numbers just do not make any sense to me at all. Adding or removing letters to form a word, I get. Adding or removing numbers to just get other numbers, I don't get. Oh and don't even get me started on having to carry numbers or borrow. I'm just plain lost. And the whole square root thing, will give you the eyes glazed over look from me every time. My kids have delighted in asking me math questions only to see me struggle to figure it out. Things like 83-37=? I have no clue without a calculator. Seriously. You have to borrow and all that, and anyone who can do that in their head gets a "raise the roof" hands up action from me. Ok yes, I know "raise the roof" isn't cool anymore, but well, you know what I mean.

Ok, there you have it. It's funny, I had deleted five different things that I originally had put for my #6, because after I typed them I found myself thinking "Oh man, that's not interesting, that's just going to make me sound weird." Guessing that goes along in proving my point about #4. LOL

Now to pass the baton... I am going for ones which I feel are Kreativ and sooo worth reading. I know its customary to follow the rules and pass on the awards but we are all busy in our own ways so please don't feel obligated to do anymore than you can handle :-)

2nd Cup Of Coffee

Alls Fair In Love And Chocolate

Leaving A Legacy

OCD-ism

Pursued By Love

Meyers On The Hood

2 comments:

DEb said...

I think I've been TAGGED before... I can't be double tagged!!! (can I??)hahahhaha.... yeah, you need to go look on my blog and see where I've been tagged....however, I think your list is WAY better than mine...especially that whole plane thing!! (BLESS YOU!!!) But I, too, have a HUGE fear of heights..teehee...

Becky said...

I like weird :-D Your list was great. We have more in common that I thought. Thank you for playing along and for the great compliments... I'm glad we conger up good memories for you. ;-)