Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Biggest Loser 10/21

I didn't post my opinions last week regarding the show, because I had a nasty migraine and was in bed for over 24 hrs straight. I'm sure you were all so sad to miss it. I'm also feeling the need to warn you that I have raging PMS, so my opinions here will probably ruffle some feathers.

That having been said....please keep in mind one very important thing when it comes to anything I post on here....this is only my opinion. I don't try to pretend that I'm an expert. I don't try to pretend that I know any of the contestants or the trainers personally, or even the host (although I love her hair and would die for a chance to know what she uses on it). I'm a fan of the show, and there are weeks I love it and weeks I don't love it. But it's just my opinion. So please.... enough with the nasty emails. Seriously, if you don't like what I've written....click on that little red X up in the top corner. Stop telling me how unfortunate it is for my husband and children to have to deal with me. I've been married for over 20 yrs. He knows me pretty well by now. What can I say - he must love crazy ladies like me. Ok...done with that.

I only have 1 opinion for this week and it's one I've had for a long time.

I do not care for Vicky at all.

I understand that tv shows can manipulate and edit things to look a certain way. However, they did not edit or cut/slice the actual words that came out of her mouth. Some of the things she has said are like fingernails being scratched down the blackboard to me.

The challenge this week was to walk around on a giant circle that was approximately the width of a balance beam. While our local hometown gymnast Shawn Johnson would have been doing flips, cartwheels, jumps and dives around that circle, most of us 'regular folk' would have had a pretty rough time with it - and the contestants proved that theory. I for one would have said exactly what Coleen said "I apologize in advance to my team for my performance in this challenge". Coleen and I apparently suffer from the same lack of balance. The prize for the winning team was videos from home. It turned out it was actually a video phone call so they got to see and talk to their loved ones. Cool huh?

Vickys comments regarding the prize were (paraphrasing):
"I think this is a lame prize."

"I wasn't even going to try for it. The only reason I did it was because my team wanted the prize. I didn't".

"I could care less about the prize. It's not going to help me any."

Never once in my life have I ever felt that seeing, hearing, or talking to any of my children was "lame". Never once have I ever felt they weren't "worth trying for". Never once have I ever felt "they wouldn't help me in any way". As a mother, how can you say things like that? I don't understand it. I realize it's a game, and I've tried adding or subtracting in words to change what she said to try to understand where she is coming from, and no matter how I try, I can't wrap my head around thinking something like that...let alone saying it outloud.

I think Phil said it best when after getting his video call he said "Seeing my children and knowing they are doing well has given me the strength and motivation me to keep going".
I'm with ya Phil.

3 comments:

kari and kijsa said...

Exactly what we were saying last night!! Turned to the hubby and said "did she really basically say talking to her children she has not seen in six weeks was lame? Not worth just trying to stumble around a circle 25 times? " We would have run around just trying to hear from our kids! We remembered early in the show when someone won and Brady leaned over to Vicky and whispered (remember to smile) we knew we did not care for them then!!!

Debi said...

I am totally with ya'! I do not care for her at all!!!! I was so ready for her to get voted off last night -- too bad she was the biggest loser of the week. I'm just sure she and Brady staged that one. And, I can't believe that Heba is so blind to it all. I'm sure they'll 'stab her in the back' soon enough. I'm not even sure what they told her about Phil even really happened. Ugh! Yeah...Vicky is not my favorite at all!!!! With Amy P gone -- who I loved -- I'm now rooting for Colleen or Amy C.

Gwendolyn said...

I have very little computer time today, but when I saw that you posted about the Biggest Loser, I had to comment! I agree with you 100%! I hope that Vicky is not the one that wins it. :o(