Thursday, October 23, 2008

Here We Go Again

I had my second chemical peel yesterday afternoon. I have to admit that after the severe reaction I had after the first peel, I was pretty nervous about trying it again. The dermotologist I see is so awesome though. Before I could even say a word, she walked into the room and said "Now we don't want anything like what happened before, so here's how we're going to work to prevent that." I immediately relaxed (well, ok, not totally, but enough that I didn't feel like tossing my cookies any more).

She did not put the peel all over my face this time. The worst of the sun damage is on my nose, my cheeks and especially along my jaw line and down through my neck. Those are the only areas she did. Nothing around my eyes.

Because she doesn't feel we got enough of a change from the first time, she double the strength on the jawline/neck area to hopefully see more improvement. Man oh man did it sting! I am so glad her assistant kept the small fan pointed on my face the entire time. I even had the vent fan pointed at my face and on high in my car the entire way home, and I have a fan pointed on me right now.

She said that since this peel is stronger, I will have "chicken neck" while it peels. She said it will be dark brown and really wrinkly, so I shouldn't be alarmed when I see it. And I can still expect a little swelling.

So, this weekend I will be red like a tomato, a little swollen, and I'll have a dark brown wrinkly chicken neck. Wowsers will I be sexy!

I just hope Jay can keep his hands off me.

4 comments:

Gwendolyn said...

Oh dear. I keep saying that I want a chemical peel, but I had no idea chicken necks were involved! That sounds rather alarming. I still might brave it, though...I have acne scars that I SO want to get rid of. :o)

Becky said...

Yep, sounds like torture. Get some rest and feel better soon.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

You are the bravest person I know.

Dena said...

No Linda...not brave. This is my payback for stupidity in days gone by. Live and learn, huh? :)