Friday, October 24, 2008

My New Glasses

Since the lower half of my face & neck is already getting pretty swollen and looking oh so sexy after my peel, I'm only showing the upper part of my face in this picture. It's the most important part anyhow, because it shows my new glasses. I would so love to get rid of glasses all together, but my eyes are too dry for contacts and Lasik isn't in the budget just yet, so I did the next best thing....I got frameless glasses to make them as invisible as possible. What do you think of them?

Remember me saying I was having so many problems with those nasty ol' bifocals? For the life of me I couldn't get used to them, so I took them back in and said I wanted regular lenses. I have 20/20 when it comes to reading, so I have been getting by with taking off my glasses to read anything, and I am just fine continuing to do that.
They called me on Wednesday afternoon and said my glasses were in. I knew if I didn't go in yesterday morning, I'd have to wait another week until all the peeling was done, so as to not frighten any of the staff or small children. I do look pretty sunburnt in person and wished I could blame my tomato look on a recent trip to Jamaica, but no such luck. It's hard to see in that picture, but if you look at my how white my upper eye lids are, and then look at my cheeks & nose, you can definitely see the difference, but it's still much more obvious in person.

So anyhow, Jay & Austin got groceries for me last night (oh that is a whole other blog in itself let me tell you), and I have my new glasses and a fresh supply of diet coke...let the peeling begin.

6 comments:

Gwendolyn said...

Love the glasses!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

They do indeed look good. When I get new ones again (for far away, so far my 46 year-old eyes are still OK for reading) I'm thinking about framless ones, too.

The Naths said...

They look great! My dad has those kind too.

DEb said...

I think you're just trying to look like Sarah Palin....

HAHAHAHAH....

THEY LOOK FABULOUS!!!!!! As do YOU, too!!! :)

Becky said...

Let me first say that your eyes are incredibly beautiful! Wow!

Now let me inquire about those frameless lenses. Are they more or less than regular frames because they look great! I would like to try contacts and someday lasik too.

Dena said...

Melissa...your DAD has these? They were in the womens section at my optomotrists office. LOL

Ok, info on my glasses....They are not designer, since my budget is nowhere near what Sarah Palin's is Deb!! LOL Honestly, I'm not sure exactly how much they cost because I figure that since I'm wearing them all day every day, I need to like how they look and that's more important than how cheap I can get them (again though...I do stay away from the $$$ designer racks!). Plus I add in glare-free coating, scratch resistance, and they have magnetic sunglasses that come with them. I will say that I thought that overall, they were very reasonable.