1. Please share one middle school memory. It can be good, bad, ugly, funny. Pictures or words, I don't care, just share. When I was in 7th grade I got a new pair of platform shoes that I had been begging for. I didn't want them getting dirty as I walked to school, so I carried them, and then changed when I got to school. I didn't realize platforms weighed about 30lbs each and are hard to walk in. I did ok, until I had to go down a flight of stairs. I went head over heels down the steps and landed with my back end straight up in the air and my legs flat against the wall. Ooohhh...did I mention I also wore a skirt that day? Yep, everyone got to see my pretty pink panties I was wearing. I remember asking the school nurse what the requirements were to transfer to a new school. ***This kind of goes along with one of your previous questions about how much we loooooooved middle school.
2. What's your favorite Beatles song? I know this will come as a shock...but I have never been a fan of the beatles. Never. I don't know that I have ever cared for a single one of their songs. Now the Monkeys on the other hand.....
3. If I asked you to describe your most comfortable outfit, what would it be? A "Life Is Good" brand shirt(short or long-sleeved) and soft fleece pants. That is what I will live in from now until next Summer.
4. Would you rather host a party or be a guest? I really like to host, but I put a lot of pressure on myself to make sure everything is "perfect", which means my family gets to live with a crazy lady the entire week before. It's hard for me to relax and enjoy the party, because I really want to make sure there's plenty of food and beverages, and activities for the kids, etc, and that everyone is having a fabuloso time.
5. Do you think we will move completely from traditional books to digital ones, and if we do, are you OK with that? Digital books do take up a lot less room on the shelves, freeing my shelves for other clutter. As long as the screen and font are large enough that I'm not squinting and scrolling non-stop, I don't mind. Then again, there's something about the smell of an old book.
6. Do you learn best by reading, listening or experiencing? Experiencing. I learn by hands on training, which is why I should have gone to college at ITT Tech or Kaplan University or any of the others that claim they teach that way. Just show me what to do, and I'll do it.
7. If you are (or when you were) single, what is the kiss of death for you concerning the opposite sex? (That is, what is one trait or behavior or habit or anything at all that immediately turns you off from considering that person a potential match for you?) Abusiveness & Lying. Ironically, my husband is the first and only man I've ever dated that has never had even a small amount of either of those traits...That's part of what's made him a keeper. :)
8. Snacks. Salty or sweet? Is this during PMS time or not? Because that really does effect my answer.
9. Look around you in a four foot radius. What object is around you that you didn't realize was there or forgot was there? How long has it been there? This actually did make me laugh out loud! I am in our home office, which is currently one of the most neglected rooms in our home. Since I'm not able to do much, I focus on the main rooms, and with the office, it's just too darn easy to just shut the door. hhhmmm...what doesn't belong? There really isn't a lot that doesn't belong, it's just that things aren't where they belong in here. You know...books on the desk instead of on the shelf, etc. It's a big ol' cluttered mess in here. *sigh* Oh wait...cookbooks. I worked on menus the other day and they are still in here. Those need to go back to the kitchen.
10. What is your favorite Tom Cruise movie? Top Gun, hands down. He seemed to grow up in that movie and become such a gentleman....and that was before he went and got all weird.
11. You buy a bottle of shampoo and discover that you don't like what it does to your hair at all. What do you do with that full bottle? Put it in Jay's shower. He'll use anything. :) As he says "I'm just thrilled to have something up top to wash."
12. Your favorite Fall comfort food? (Last week it was beverage.) Broccoli Cheese Soup. I can't eat soup unless it's cool/cold outside, so I haven't had any in several months, and I'm looking forward to it's cheesy goodness.