1. Candy corn: Your thoughts? I don't buy them, because if they are here, I WILL eat them. All of them. Not even a broken one left behind.
2. Briefly, what was the first conversation you ever had with your spouse? (or best friend, if you're not married.) (Or someone significant, like your librarian.) We met at a nightclub (I know - you never meet nice people there haha). I saw the group he was hanging out with, and most were being loud and obnoxious, so I assumed he was the same way, which meant I wanted nothing to do with him. Our first conversation was him asking me to dance and explaining why I should dance with him, and me explaining why I didn't want to dance with him. It was a deep, intelligent conversation as I'm sure you can imagine. LOL
3. Could you ever become a vegetarian? I do think I could, as long as I could find alternative proteins that I liked. With my thyroid diseases, I am to stay away from Soy, so veggie burgers are out, and so is Tofu (oh darn).
4. Have you ever dressed up your pet in a costume? Not a halloween costume...but we do have a Vikings jersey and a Broncos jersey that I do put on our one dog Gabby when one of those teams is playing. She is the only one that likes wearing them, and she gets all excited when she sees me pull one out. They're put away once the game is over, and packed away at the end of the season. :)
5. Name something about childhood that you miss (like Clark Bars, Teaberry Gum, Malibu Barbie, cracking fake eggs on people's heads with your fist and "It's the Great Pumpkin" airing only once a year). I miss "The Wizard Of Oz" and "Sound Of Music" coming on tv once a year. It was a big deal at our house. My mom would pop pocorn and even if they happened to air on a school night, we got to stay up later until the movie was over. I would get so excited knowing one of them was going to be on soon. It's not the same with them being on video, so you can see them whenever you want.
6. Have you ever won a trophy? If not, what do you deserve a trophy for? I have never won an actual trophy, but one year my daughters made me paper cut-out trophies for Mothers Day saying I was the #1 Mom and Mom of the Year. I still have those up on the bulletin board in my office, and they mean more to me than any other trophy I could have gotten.
7. When do you think is the appropriate time to begin playing Christmas music each year? Not until the day AFTER Thanksgiving. It makes me crazy to hear it before then...just ask my daughter. She starts playing it right after Halloween and I always say it should be illegal and then she would have to stay in jail until the day after Thanksiving, so I don't have to listen to it. :P Now she drives her roommates crazy and I can just empathize.
8. What's your favorite board game? "Life" - I love it when I have so many kids they have to lay flat in my car. I'm not sure why, but it cracks me up LOL Also, I have "Yahtzee" on my phone. It's a no-brainer game that I can start and stop anytime, and I used to play it while sitting outside the school waiting to pick Austin up after sports practice. I don't play it as much anymore, now that he can drive himself.
9. How do you feel about surprises (receiving, not giving)? I don't like them at all, unless it's done in private. I wouldn't want it to be something in front of a big group of people. Awkward!
10. Is it easy for you to say, "I'm sorry?" No it's not. But that's not because I don't want to admit I did something wrong. I feel bad and am disappointed in myself and feel bad that I have disappointed the person I owe the apology to. I don't like to disappoint anyone, and saying "I'm sorry is admitting I disappointed them".
11. What is your favorite candle scent? Mulberry. But, then again...in my bathroom, I love the fresh linen scent.
12. October is traditionally "open house" time in public schools. If you had a literal open house in your home (like a reception) what light snacks would you serve visitors and what would you show them (as in art projects, graded papers) that would uniquely represent you?
Ok, this HAS to be the toughest question yet....yikes! Um, let's see --- I'd have a variety of snacks, such as a veggie platter, and fruit platter, and probably some crackers/sausage/cheese platters. And I suppose some cookies too. Whenever we have people over, I always go WAY overboard on food and snacks. I want everyone to be happy, so I have lots of variety.
What I would show them...hhhmmm....I would show them our shelves and walls full of pictures of family and friends, including our kids and our wedding photo. I would also show them our dogs and the pictures and papers we have on them regarding their puppy mill rescues and adoptions. Lastly, I would show them the dining area that I have decorated to resemble an italian cafe, complete with a faux brick wall, because Italy is a country I really want to visit.
If you want to join in answering these fun and thought provoking questions, head on over to Linda's!