I was inducted into the Circle of Friends by Rita from Meemaw Moments. Rita is a wonderful, sweet woman that I have had the pleasure to get to know through the Project 365 meme. Blogging was something I rejected doing for a long time, but since I have started I have enjoyed it. Sure there are days when I don't feel like writing anything, and that's ok. On those days I try to catch up on reading some of my favorite blogs. I enjoy the friendships blogging has enabled me to have, and I also like being able to keep up-to-date with family and friends.
Like most privileges, this one comes with a responsibility as well. The rules for this award:
--list five things I like
--pass the award on to five friends
For the first part, I am going to list things I like in regards to Christmas, and keep in mind that these are to be things, not action verbs, feelings, abstract concepts. So, here goes:
1. I like my cd with Josh Groben singing "Oh Holy Night". His voice gives me chills, and that is my favorite Christmas song.
2. I like my daughters, who come home from college and the nest is full once again. There is noise, laughter, silliness, and so much love. I also like that it lasts for almost a full month.
3. I like baking Jesus' birthday cake and letting my kids decorate it. We've made a birthday cake every year since my girls were probably 3 years old. One year I was sick with pneumonia and I didn't feel like making it, but it was very important to my girls, so they made the cake themselves. I think they were maybe 10 yrs old.
4. I like that we set an extra place at the table for our family Christmas meal. It's a spot reserved for our most special guest, Jesus. And we set a piece of birthday cake at that setting, and sing Happy Birthday to Him.
5. I like the homes that are decorated up with lights. Each year we pick a night to go out to eat and then we drive around looking at a bunch of them. It never gets old...my inner child thinks it seems almost magical. :)
For the friends I am selecting to be a part of my circle of friends, I am selecting family and friends who have been with me since the beginning: my mom Sandi, my sister Theresa, my sister Debi, my sister-in-law Melissa, and my good friend Tami. They all have blogs themselves and I appreciate them so much.
But please keep in mind....I love all of you who put up with my nonsense and random rambling! :)