Monday, July 12, 2010

Poor Jay

Jay and I celebrated out 23rd wedding anniversary yesterday, and on Saturday we went out for the evening. Before leaving I enlisted Ashley's help in taking a picture of us. Anyone that knows me knows that I can't stand having my picture taken. I have been this way for as long as I can remember (no matter what age or size), so you are getting a rare treat to see the pictures taken.

The main reason I am sharing them is because you have got to see what my poor husband has had to deal with almost every single day of his life since he said "I Do" all those years ago.

For starters, I hate always being the shortest one in pictures, so I decided to have Jay sit on my stool that raises and lowers. Bad mistake. As we worked to get the height just right, one height became just right for me to say "Hey look...we're a totem pole!"


Ashley had us pose like that again so she could get a picture, and when she showed me Jay's expression, it set off a fit of never ending giggles. No matter what I tried, I could not stop giggling.


Ashley suggested trying a more serious pose to see if that would stop the giggles. It would have been a nice picture except for the fact that it's a little blurry, and Jay appears to be studying a game on tv instead of enjoying this special bonding time we're having. *Not to mention the fact that my forearms appear to be channeling my inner Popeye - what is up with that???*


The giggles finally ended and just as Ashley went to snap the picture, Chelsea said something and the giggles returned. This picture shows Jay thanking her for helping the situation. By this time I had tears running down my cheeks.

I tried to stop, I really did. But as you can see here, I was not having much luck, and poor Jay kept saying "what is wrong with you?" Even Ashley was cracking up by this time, which is why this shot is so blurred.


I finally pulled it together for one last shot. It's not the greatest picture of us, but if you look closely at my expression, I am just about to lose it again and Jay was not about to let us keep trying.



Happy Anniversary Jay. Thanks for putting up with me all these years!  He really does deserve a medal. LOL

5 comments:

The Bug said...

That's great! It's like one of those photo booths - a lot of fun!

Our 20th is in December - can't believe it's been that long!

SusanD said...

Love the photo op! Precious memories to add to those already made and yet to come. Anniversary Blessings, SusanD

Joyce said...

Those were great and put a smile on my face too! Thanks for sharing!

Kelly said...

I know, I'm the same way. I hate to have my picture taken. But one day when we're not around anymore, we need our great great grandchildren to know we existed and what we looked like, so we need our pictures made once in a while. Okay, you've done your duty. And BTW, I thought they were all cute.

Fran said...

Now you have me giggling.