Thursday, September 23, 2010

Crockpot Apple Caramel Pie

WARNING! This is NOT a low-cal recipe!! But, if you want to make a super easy dessert for your family that will make your house smell yummy, then make this recipe! 

I made the following recipe for my guys at home, and they sang my praises! They did the dance of joy around me and chanted my name over and over! They declared me the wife and mother above all others!

Ok, that's a lie. That didn't really happen, but the recipe was a hit! 

The hardest part about this recipe is unwrapping the caramels. No, wait, that's another lie. The hardest part about this recipe is having to resist eating the remaining caramels.     

 

Apple Carmel Pie

Makes 8-10 servings
Prep. Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 3 hours
Ideal slow-cooker size: 4- to 5-qt.

2-crust refrigerated pie dough pkg.
2 22-oz. cans apple pie filling
1 tsp. cinnamon
12 caramel candies

1. Press one crust into half the bottom of a cold slow cooker, and an inch or so up half its interior side. Overlap by ¼ inch the second crust with the first crust in center of slow cooker bottom. Press remainder of second crust an inch or so up the remaining side of the cooker. Press seams flat where two crusts meet.



2. Cover. Cook on High 1½ hours.







3. In a bowl, mix together pie filling, cinnamon, and caramels.







4. Pour mixture into hot crust.








5. Cover. Cook on High an additional 1½ hours.








This is from the Fix It and Forget It cookbook - one of my favorite lines of cookbooks!

1 comment:

sara said...

that sounds amazing!!! I will have to try it!