Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Gabby's Adventures

Gabby has been a stinker lately. I don't know what her problem is, but if there is something she can get into...she will. On these nice days, we've left the back door open so the dogs can go in and out through the doggie door. We have free-standing baby gates to block the dogs from the rest of the sunroom which is the room they go through to go outside. All of the dogs could jump over the gate, but they all respect the boundaries - all except Gabby. She constantly jumps over and runs around trying to find something she can get into. When she hears us coming, she jumps right back, which proves she knows she shouldn't be doing that.

One day last week it was cold and we had rain/freezing rain on and off most of the day. It was one of those days when you just feel chilled all day long, and nothing I did warmed me up. So, after lunch I decided to hop in our hot tub. Its on the other side of the baby gates and it's so sweet the way the dogs sit there watching us when we are in there. When I was done I put on my robe and headed to the bedroom to get changed. After that I'd go back and put the lid on the tub, close the windows, etc...which is what we always do.
After I got dressed I headed back out, and there was Gabby on this side of the fence and she was soaked. She was literally dripping wet. I quickly shut the door to the outside since I figured it must be raining really hard....but it was then that I noticed it wasn't raining at all. I looked around and saw that the steps beside the hot tub were very wet and had wet little puddles on them. That's when I realized that Gabby had fallen in the tub!
OMG I laughed soooooo hard! LOL

She must have jumped the fence, ran around, got up on the steps and decided to jump up on the edge of the tub to see what was up there. Problem is, the edge is narrow. The edge is rounded, and most importantly the edge is slippery when wet. Whoops! In she went.
Can you imagine what she had to be thinking? LOL
Thankfully she was totally fine, other than being soaked to the bone. She was wagging her tail and prancing around so it didn't even seem to faze her. I was hoping that maybe this will teach her that boundaries are there for a reason.
Nah...not Gabby. LOL

1 comment:

Becky said...

LOL... naughty dog. I'm glad she was able to get out though. Sounds like a tragedy avoided.