Monday, May 17, 2010

Prayer Request For Lance

I'm sending out a prayer request today for my son-in-law, Marine Corporal Lance Jones.









Lance is being deployed early this morning to Afghanistan. As of right now, we are being told he will be there until sometime in December and then will be sent to Japan until next Spring.

We pray that God will protect him and all soldiers fighting on our behalf. Please keep them safe from harm and bring them home quickly.






We also ask for prayers for our Ashley. She has had to learn very quickly what it means to be a military wife, and while the past several days have been very hard enough for her, the next year will be equally hard. I'm so glad she has her faith and all her family to help give her the strength and support she'll need.




Almighty and eternal God,
those who take refuge in you will be glad and forever will shout for joy. Protect these soldiers as they discharge their duties. Protect them with the shield of your strength and keep them safe from all evil and harm. May the power of your love enable them to return home in safety, that with all who love them, they may ever praise you for your loving care. We ask this through Jesus Christ our Lord. 

Amen

5 comments:

sara said...

adding it to my prayer list. Dena, you might add this to my praying for you tab. There are other people that look at it and lift up the prayer requests!!

Dena said...

Thanks Sara, I haven't had a whole lot of time for blog reading lately, and I totally forgot you had that. I'll head over there now. :)

Cindy Lou said...

Oh my Prayers go out to you all!!! I know that deployment feeling oh so well!! I am hoping that my Marine will be home in July!! I miss him so!! Please tell him thank you for me!! Blessings from Georgia!!

Dena said...

Cindy Lou, I will pray that your Marine does indeed arrive home safely in July!

Joyce said...

amen!